If you want a lifestyle of travelling, shopping, meeting interesting people, visiting exotic destinations while being paid to do so, the life of a cabin crew member is for you! Reflecting on the life of a cabin crew member invokes images of jet setting i.e. diving in the red sea, skiing in the Alps, having breakfast in Miami and supper in London. Being a cabin crew member is not just a job – it is a lifestyle…
In the past, the image of an airhostess has always been that of glamour and looks whereas in the modern context, flight attendants are also expected to be intelligent, adaptable, reliable, friendly, enthusiastic, inquisitive and well-groomed.
While competitiveness in the industry and customer expectations of flight attendants can be stressful, the glamorous lifestyle makes it all worthwhile. The job is most certainly not all glamour as one is expected to perform duties such as cleaning toilets and dealing with airsick passengers or with difficult passengers whilst trying to stay calm and look glamorous. Training equips you with handling most situations that could occur on an aircraft.
Pro’s of being a cabin crew member:
- Staying in great hotels while travelling the world
- Wearing a beautiful uniform
- Shopping in various destinations
- No 9 to 5 office hours
- Meeting great people – often celebrities
- No two days are the same
- Being the envy of every other “on the ground” employee
Con’s of being a can crew member:
- Some days/nights one is expected to work long hours – on your feet most of the time
- Mentally and physically demanding job
- Passengers will not always take you seriously and can be abusive
- Working public holidays and weekends when your family and friends are playing
- Not always being with loved ones to celebrate their birthdays or other special occasions
- Dealing with emergency situations such as an evacuations or serious medical conditions
- Unexpected long delays which could mean changing plans you have made
Aviation enters your blood and it is very difficult to change this lifestyle.
EPT Aviation Training is considered to be the ideal training platform for professionals within the aviation industry and related fields. Combined, our trainers have jointly an accumulated total of more than 50 years of experience in the aviation industry. This wealth of experience is made available to our learners who are offered only the highest standards of training at our facility. Learners will be trained by our professional trainers and subject matter experts who have been involved in the industry for years.